Since I've been back from FE (Furnal Equinox), I've been thinking about what I can accomplish before my next con, which is AC (Anthrocon). Although I would really, really like to have my ocelot costume done for AC, it's looking a bit unlikely at this point, for a few reasons. First off, I have a major car project that I am determined to get on the road before summer is over, and that is occupying a lot of my time. Second, the ocelot costume is only in the very first planning stages at the moment. In other words, I have the concept for the suit in my head, and I have the makeup worked out, but that's about it. It's going to require airbrushing, and I haven't even opened the box for my airbrush yet. So yeah, I have quite a ways to go with that. Also, I'm not sure if wearing the ocelot costume in June is the best idea ever. I was pretty hot dancing at FE in my cheshire cat costume, and I can't imagine what it would be like in the ocelot costume, considering the whole thing will be fur, and tightly fitting.
Plus, you know...the warm weather has arrived and I don't really want to spend all of my time holing myself up at home working on projects. I want to get out and be social and have fun
All is not lost, though. The ocelot costume is still going to happen; I'm just going to plan to debut it at FurFright instead, like I did the cheshire cat costume (v1.0).
There are some minor changes/updates I'd like to make to cheshie though in time for AC. I want to work on the makeup a bit more, especially the eyes (which are the hardest part for me). It's very simple makeup, so there's a number of ways I can go with it. I just need to practice. Speaking of practice, I want to do a makeup practice session a week (if possible). I have tons of Snazaroo, so it's not like I'll run out of it anytime soon. I may or may not post my practice results. We'll see.
The other changes I'd like to make to cheshie are to replace the claws with new ones. I was very happy with the claws I made, but unfortunately the Krylon Triple Thick Clear I used to make them glossy has had a reaction with the fur and is degrading.
I've since purchased Sculpey's own gloss glaze and hopefully it won't have the same reaction that Krylon's did. I'll try it out to make sure before I commit to it, though.
Also, I may make another headpiece. Although I was very happy with how the headpiece came out, I ended up losing a bunch of the length of the fur through the dyeing process. I think I can avoid that by using a different brush on the fur, and I have plenty of the long pink fur left to make another one, as well as the pattern I made for the headpiece of course. That is easy. The dyeing process is a bit long, but it's certainly not difficult.
I think this is a realistic goal for AC.
That's about it!